Thursday, June 19, 2008

We each have our own battles with wood


For our second weekend, we really rolled up our sleeves and got to work. Sharon painted from 8 am - midnight Saturday, then noon to early evening on Sunday. Rich replaced many light fixtures and started clearing the yard.

My paint frenzy was inpsired by the ladder left behind by the contractors. It was just tall enough to reach the highest areas of the ceiling!! I was driven to get all of that finished before the ladder disappeared. By about 11:30 at night, the combinations of paint fumes and exhaustion created some interesting effects. At one point, the large knot in the ceiling beam seemed to move, and perhaps to talk. Fortunately, I was close to acheiving my goal for the day.

Rich had his own wood issues. He improvised a tree removal system - the important parts were a hack saw and an extension cord. Let's just say it ended with a down tree, blood in the downstairs bath, and a big dent in our band-aid supply.

Unfortunately, I deleted some of the photos in a frenzy to free up space on my camera to take photos of my nephew dancing...but here is what is left:
52ChandlrMtnRoad - End of the Second Weekend

No comments: